Leaded Stonework Cavity Trays
BBA approved pre-formed DPC stepped cavity tray system for installation at the abutment of a pitched roof with an external cavity wall to protect from rain water ingress through to the internal wall leaf.
Supplied with factory fitted lead flashing which presents a quicker and straightforward installation as the cavity trays and flashings are installed in a single operation, as well as a consistent protective and aesthetical finish.
For external walls of stonework construction not exceeding 150mm thickness and built from natural or reconstituted stone with regular course heights, including mortar, of approximately 150mm and clear cavity widths of between 50mm and 125mm;
- trays to suit clear cavity widths of 126mm+ are also available to order.
Fitted lead flashing is supplied cut to suit the project’s specific roof pitch and covering type;
- available in long and short lead drops.
Choice of cavity tray lengths to suit specific roof pitches with a variety of base widths for different wall thicknesses and clear cavity width combinations.
Unleaded cavity trays and trays supplied with mortar barrier strips (to aid the installation of post fitted lead flashing) are also available.
In comparison to alternative on-site DPC fabricated methods; preformed cavity trays present many features and benefits including reliability, speed of installation, reduced cold bridging opportunity and site waste.
Preformed stepped cavity trays ‘step up’ the external cavity wall in order to follow the abutment of a pitched/gabled roof such as:
- attached garages
- conservatories and extensions
- porches and bay windows
- attached buildings with different roof lines.
Choice of cavity tray lengths to suit specific roof pitches:
- 450mm for roof pitches of 25°+
- 625mm for roof pitches of 17.5-22.5°
- 1250mm for roof pitches of 15°.
For external cavity walls built from natural or reconstituted stone with:
- regular course heights of approx. 150mm including mortar
- not exceeding 150mm thickness
- with clear cavity widths of between 50-125mm
- trays to suit clear cavity widths of 126mm+ or roof pitches of <15° can be made to order – please contact us for further information.
With pre-formed cavity trays it’s not strictly necessary for the tray to span all the way across the cavity (except for projects in severe weather exposure areas).
As long as the cavity tray stands back from the rear face of the masonry and projects back into the cavity far enough to intercept drips falling from the wall ties, then it will perform effectively.
If installing cavity trays with a partial fill cavity insulation, please deduct the insulation material depth to calculate the available ‘clear cavity width’.
The different types cavity trays in a stepped system:
- - intermediate cavity tray – suits all cavity options and forms the main tray run with one tray on each course of brickwork running the full length of the abutting roof slope
- - stopend starter cavity tray – this is the first component to be installed and fitted at the lowest point on a standard abutment. It collects the water that is gathered by the rest of the system and discharges it from the wall through a weep hole or vent
- - corner starter cavity tray – this has the same function as a stopend starter tray, but it is used where the abutting roof comes up to, or beyond, the corner of the main building. It is designed to return around the corner of the building to provide complete protection from water ingress
- - ridge cavity tray – used where a right and left hand roof slope come together at an apex to straddle the top two intermediate trays
- - weep holes and vents - cavity trays must be installed in conjunction with proprietary weep holes or vents to ensure that any water collected with the cavity tray system is discharged back out through the external wall leaf.
We strongly recommend the specification and installation of purpose made wall weep/weep vent products, such as Timloc’s 1143 wall weep vent or TW1 concealed wall weep ranges to guarantee an accurate fit with the tray and a reliable discharge of water.
|For more information a datasheet is available here|
Everdry Stepped Cavity Trays for Leaded Stonework
- Brand: Timloc
- Product Code: Everdry Stepped Cavity Trays for Leaded Stonework